They say time flies when you’re having fun, and I’ve obviously had a lot of fun this year as 2011 has absolutely rocketed by.
I know I sew a lot, but I do feel that I don’t complete a lot of items, therefore I find it interesting to see what I have achieved at the end of each year, and it was:
7 x Tops
2 x Pants
2 x Skirts
2 x UFO’s
1 x Cardigan
1 x Jeans
1 x Hand knitted garment
5 x Jewellery pieces
3 x Craft
BWOF – 2
Simplicity – 3
Vogue – 2
Jalie – 1
Marfy – 1
Kwik.Sew – 2
Self Drafted – 2
Even though they have only just been finished, I have to say it is the Jalie Jeans. The fact that I have got such a great fit is the reason I sew and I’m so glad that I do.
The other is Kwik.Sew 3740, this is such a great fitting pattern for me, even though I only made 2 tops this year from this pattern they have been worn constantly and I plan on making some short sleeve/no sleeve versions for summer with this pattern.
- Attending the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, USA with my two sewing buddies Alison and Maria.
- Spending a weekend with my Mum and Sister sewing at Bribie Island.
- Another sewing weekend with my sewing buddies at North Ryde.
- Organising the Pattern Review get together here in Sydney and meeting a group of wonderful ladies.
2011 Sewing Goals – How did I go?
- Complete 1 garment a month – I’m still working on this, with all the sewing days I have it is a mystery to me why this doesn’t happen. However with a total of 24 pieces I must have had some very productive months 🙂
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review – This just didn’t happen.
2012 Sewing Goals
- Complete 1 garment a month, I would really like to start/finish a garment a month.
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review.
- Play with the binders for my Coverstitch machine and get comfortable using them.
And finally, a collage of the pieces I made in 2011.
There are a couple more UFO’s to complete and hopefully I will be able to share them with you soon.
Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by.
15 thoughts on “Where did 2011 go?”
2011, was a good year, and I enjoyed seeing your lovely outfits popping up during the Me-Made challenge…Best wishes for a wonderful and creative 2012!
You've had a very fruitful year! The PR weekend was lots of fun – so thanks again for organising it. The Jalie Jeans are a definite winner. Happy 2012!
2011 was a good year for you despite your reservations!! I am envious of your finished garments – they all look great. Looking forward to more sewing days in 2012 with you and the gang!
You got a lot on your list done! Love the collage picture of your accomplishments.
You completed an impressive amount of sewing in 2011 and I'm looking forward to all your creations in 2012. Happy New Year.
You must be happy with 2011-you did heaps !!!!
Lovely pieces – thanks for sharing your sewing & crafting with us! All the best for a great 2012.
Hi Sharon. You certainly were productive in 2011! I love your collage. I may try one. Happy New Year and Happy sewing in 2012.
I think you should be happy with your \”average\” number of garments per month. You sure beat me. I averaged just under 1 garment per month in 2011. Like you, I am going to try again this year to get to one per month.
Great outfits, especially the white jeans. Now for that jacket to complete the look.
Wow, you did have a fun filled productive year! All the best for 2012, may it be a good one filled with sewing cheer.
Great pieces & what a great year!
Each piece you make is quality Sharon. Thanks for a great year too.
I think it's pretty fabulous that you made it to Puyallup last year all the way from Australia! I live in San Francisco and still haven't made it to Puyallup!Happy 2012!
2011 was a whirlwind for sure and you packed a lot in! Here's hoping we get to meet at one of the sewing weekends in 2012! Thanks for being an inspiration this year.