I have a new top and have again used Kwik Sew 3740 view A without the cowl and raised the neckline by 3cm.
The fabric is called “Sandra Printed Knit” from Knitwit which I purchased in June 2012, I am loving the gold looking swirls.
|My purls are making the neckline stick out!|
I cut this top out on Anzac Day and took it to my ASG meeting on Saturday along with my Coverpro machine and knit binders as I wanted to try to do the neckline binding.
Here are some not so clear iPhone pictures more for my reference for future.
|Neck binding has been threaded through and under the needles|
|Here the neckline is being fed into the binder|
Maybe it was because I was jet lagged but with Alison’s reminders about setting it up, I was rather surprised when it worked first time, even calling the rest of the group over to have a look which was probably why I ran off the neckline at the very end, but thankfully Coverstitch is very easy to pull out.
It did take a few more goes to get the binding on, I also spray starched the neckband once which seemed to make a difference.
Here is a close-up of the bound neckline and I still have some work to do to get the stitching to sit correctly on the back of the binding.
You will see a lot more of this top during May worn with various skirts and jeans!
2014 Stash Out: 8.95 m
2014 Stash In: 40.75m