They say time flies when you’re having fun, and I’ve obviously had a lot of fun this year as 2011 has absolutely rocketed by.
I know I sew a lot, but I do feel that I don’t complete a lot of items, therefore I find it interesting to see what I have achieved at the end of each year, and it was:
7 x Tops
2 x Pants
2 x Skirts
2 x UFO’s
1 x Cardigan
1 x Jeans
1 x Hand knitted garment
5 x Jewellery pieces
3 x Craft
BWOF – 2
Simplicity – 3
Vogue – 2
Jalie – 1
Marfy – 1
Kwik.Sew – 2
Self Drafted – 2
Even though they have only just been finished, I have to say it is the Jalie Jeans. The fact that I have got such a great fit is the reason I sew and I’m so glad that I do.
The other is Kwik.Sew 3740, this is such a great fitting pattern for me, even though I only made 2 tops this year from this pattern they have been worn constantly and I plan on making some short sleeve/no sleeve versions for summer with this pattern.
- Attending the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, USA with my two sewing buddies Alison and Maria.
- Spending a weekend with my Mum and Sister sewing at Bribie Island.
- Another sewing weekend with my sewing buddies at North Ryde.
- Organising the Pattern Review get together here in Sydney and meeting a group of wonderful ladies.
2011 Sewing Goals – How did I go?
- Complete 1 garment a month – I’m still working on this, with all the sewing days I have it is a mystery to me why this doesn’t happen. However with a total of 24 pieces I must have had some very productive months 🙂
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review – This just didn’t happen.
2012 Sewing Goals
- Complete 1 garment a month, I would really like to start/finish a garment a month.
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review.
- Play with the binders for my Coverstitch machine and get comfortable using them.
And finally, a collage of the pieces I made in 2011.
There are a couple more UFO’s to complete and hopefully I will be able to share them with you soon.
Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by.