The blouses that I referred to in my last post about the SWAP, are now finished. I met up with my sewing buddies yesterday and they levelled the hem on the Navy/Gold/Brown blouse for me and I stitched and pressed it last night.
Burnt Orange Blouse
This is the burnt orange blouse and by the looks of it I need to lower all the darts however that is an easy fix for any future versions. I took off an additional 1.5 cm on the neckline for this version and now need to work out more jewellery to wear with this top.
This remnant of silk was purchased during our trip to Paris in 2009 and I have been working up the courage to cut into it. I really don’t know why it took me so long, it was lovely to sew with, just a nightmare to match the pattern 😦
I used a bias strip of the silk to bind the neck edge and I’m very pleased at how this has turned out.
Both blouses have an invisible zip in the left side seam.
So much for the Navy Jacket. When I laid out the material I couldn’t fit both the jacket and skirt on the piece I had left. Even though I really wanted the jacket (and I spent hours trying to get it to fit) I realised that a skirt would get a lot more wear as I have another 2 tops in my wardrobe that are orphans at present. So Vogue 7937 Skirt View A has been cut out and I’m now searching my patterns for a vest pattern.
Now back to sewing jeans.