and my sewing highlight of the year was to be announced as the winner of the Stitcher’s Guild 2012 SWAP Competition, I still get a thrill when I think about this.
Interestingly with all the sewing focus for the first 4 months of the year, I felt that the remainder of the year wasn’t as productive, lets see:
1 x Pants
3 x Skirts
8 x Tops
3 x Cardigans
1 x Jeans
2 x Dresses
1 x Jacket
1 x Vest
1 x Hand knitted garment
3 x Jewellery pieces
3 x Craft
5 x Bags
Wow that is a total of 29 items sewn, however the craft items are listed as 3 when each of those had a least 3 pieces to each of them, so not a bad year at all.
I never thought I’d make a bag, now I have made 5 in 1 year, a bit scary!
Sure Fit Design – 1
BWOF – 2
Simplicity – 1
Vogue – 2
Jalie – 3
Kwik.Sew – 1
Moonshine Bags – 1
Nicole Mallalieu – 1
Hot Patterns – 1
Sewaholic – 1
Favourite Me Made Items
This would have to be the Minoru jacket, I love it, it gets worn every chance I get and the Jalie Jeans are still in high rotation.
The other item is my Leather Handbag, I’m just loving this bag.
2012 Sewing Goals – How did I go?
- Complete 1 garment a month – 20 garments means I have certainly done that. I think I am going to reword this goal, I manage to do the sewing but not cut out and sew that garment in the same month.
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitcher’s Guild or Pattern Review – I definitely achieved this one, SWAP 2012 at Stitcher’s Guild, and I entered in the Handbag, Best Pattern and Jeans contests at Pattern Review.
- Play with the binders for my Coverstitch machine and get comfortable using them – Oops this didn’t happen.
2013 Sewing Goals
- Complete at least 22 garments (20 in 2012, 24 in 2011).
- Play with those binders!
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitcher’s Guild or Pattern Review
And finally, a collage of the pieces I made in 2012.