At last I have managed to enter a contest this year!
|Sharon’s Take Off Tote|
- Xanadu Purple Haze by E Mowder for P&B Textiles Quilting Cotton for the exterior from Spotlight.
- Blue and aubergine Quilting Cotton for the handles and lining from The Remnant Warehouse.
- SF0101 Legacy from Spotlight
- Bra Foam from Metro Fabrics which was a great tip from Alison as it makes the bag stand up.
* The top zipper now hangs over each end of the bag using the zipper instructions for the Avignon Traveller (location 2715). The zips are from ByAnnie, and are the Zippers by the Yard, which I purchased when I went to Puyallup in February 2016 and I was able to make the top zip double ended.
* Added a zippered pocket on the inside using the Basic Zippered Pocket instructions (location 579 in Pockets).
* Added purse feet to the base of the bag using the Structured External Base with Purse Feet instructions (location 1041 in Bases). For the base I used a thin chopping board.
The whole bag and lining are fused with the SF101 and I saved a lot of time doing this with my Elna Press
When it came to the inside slip pocket I decided to divide the open pocket into three for my sunglasses case, Boise earphones and mobile phone.
The back of the bag has a fabulous sleeve that slips over the handles of your suitcase. Alternatively you can make it into another pocket.
I also shortened the strap length by 5cm, as most bags tend to drag on the ground and this is a much better length for me.
I took it away for the weekend and was pleasantly surprised at what I could fit into this bag.
Now there is enough fabric for another bag, but it could be a while before you see that one.