Wishing you a healthy, happy and sewful 2011!!
It’s time again for my Yearly Review and I was surprised at how much I had accomplished this year – 22 pieces, namely:
4 x Dresses
4 x Pants
9 x Tops
3 x Skirts
1 x Craft (Dog Bed)
1 x Hand knitted garment
BWOF – 4
McCall’s – 3
Simplicity – 3
Vogue – 2
Jalie – 2
Marfy – 1
Kwik.Sew – 1
Self Drafted – 1
This is a hard one, as most of the things that I have made this year have been worn a lot, which I’m really pleased about as this means I am finding the fit and style that I love to wear. I have also focused on increasing my casual wardrobe as I had always focused on the work wardrobe and this has been very successful.
- Sewing with sewing buddies (always)
- Going fabric shopping with my sewing buddies.
- Attending the Pattern Review get together in Melbourne and meeting a group of wonderful ladies.
- Attending the ASG Convention in Ballarat.
2010 Sewing Goals – How did I go?
- Complete 1 garment a month – Technically this didn’t happen, however with a total of 22 pieces I must have had some very productive months 🙂
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review – I entered two competitions on Pattern Review – Mini Wardrobe in April and Sewing for your Pet in September.
2011 Sewing Goals
- Complete 1 garment a month, I would really like to start/finish a garment a month.
- Complete at least one competition either at Stitchers Guild or Pattern Review.
- Learning to use my TNT patterns to get different looks.
And finally, a collage of the pieces I made in 2010.
9 thoughts on “2010 – What a Year”
Fabulous achievements! Happy New Year!
I just found your blog while searching to see whether I could find a digital version of Australian Stitches magazine (or whatever they are calling themselves this week). Two comments – Great job on the wardrobe additions for 2010! You and your 22 garments have inspired me to try for one garment per month in 2011.I have a suit cut out and hope to finish it by Jan 12 when I have to leave for a business trip to China.Secondly , I think you did an awesome job on the first 'go' at your pants muslin. When I did mine, the first rendition fit nowhere nearly as well as yours. You don't have much work to do to get this one perfect. I am going to bookmark your blog, but unfortunately, I won't be able to follow it for the 3 weeks I am in China. Blogs are 'censored out' and I will not have access to a VPN.Thanks for giving me an inspring start to 2011. Wanda in Edmonton, Canada
Congratulations to your successful sewing year! And what a good idea to make such a review, I am going to copy that. Good luck for this year, too.
Happy New Year Sharon!!! 22 garments!!! That is astounding, my head hurts trying to imagine making one piece let alone a whole wardrobe.Thank you Sharon for being such an inspiration & for all of your wonderful support throughout 2010. I don't think I would have made it though the year without it!Here's to 2011!xxh
Isn't it amazing how much you've made when you look back over the year? I hope I get to sew with you this year!
You sew some lovely pieces. I really like the colours you choose for yourself and how flattering they are to your colouring. I shall read with interest through all of next year too.
Looks like you have had a great sewing year!
Happy new year. And you continue to build a great wardrobe every year! Love it. Puyallup!
I enjoyed sewing with you. Thanks for introducing me to the Guild and best wishes for 2011.