I have finished Burda 02-2013-126 the short sleeve version of the gathered sleeve t-shirt using a latte mercury jersey that was in the stash and purchased from Lincraft a few years ago.
This was supposed to be my October garment for Make a Garment a Month as promised.
This is a quick t-shirt to sew, but this is where I let myself down. I tend to sew too far along before I try on anything and at this stage I had overlocked the sleeves in place before I tried it on.
Oh no, far too much fabric in the front and back necklines and the gathers on the sleeves weren’t even (I thought I had checked those). I’m not certain if the neckline stretched or the fact that I didn’t do my normal 1cm gaposis tuck to the front neckline.
|Not sure why I put the beads on!|
I am not a fan of undoing 4 thread overlocking so I decided to put the neckband on and see what the result was.
You can see above that the front of the T-shirt has gathers where I don’t want them especially when there is not enough fabric across the bust!
The back neckline wasn’t quite as bad, but it still needs some work.
The sleeves also grab my arms when I move them forward, not comfortable.
I am calling it a fail, as this top doesn’t meet my expectations of a wearable garment e.g.outside the house.
I can see the possibilities with this top so I will give the pattern another try with more care with the gathers, some adjustments and trying it on much sooner.
On other news I managed to pick up Vogue 8904 from the Spotlight sale but now that the weather is warming up I have suddenly realised I am in dire need of summer tops so it looks like my garment for November will be a top!
Stash In: 22.3 m