Happy New Year!
I have spent quite some time reading everyone’s reviews of 2014, so I have decided to have a look at what I have achieved again this year using Gillian’s format, from Crafting a Rainbow
Now I know I don’t have 5 for each of the categories, but here we go!
This for me are the garments that have been worn and the following pieces are in constant rotation in my wardrobe.
|Vogue 8572 OOP blouses|
|TNT Self Drafted Skirt – Navy and Brown|
|KS 3740 knit tops – Arrows and Sandra Knit|
|Marfy Skirt 0757|
|Fehr Trade Duathlon Gym Shorts|
My Chanel inspired jacket, I had such high hopes for it back in December 2013 but it and the skirt were never worn, the jacket just felt “too big” even though I had made the pattern before the different technique made it a much “softer” jacket which in turn didn’t feel right.
I am still trying to get up the courage to do some major frog stitching as I am in still in love with the fabric.
The second miss is the Marfy blouse, it was worn once but tucking tops into my skirt is not what I normally do and it has too much fullness to be worn untucked. This will be going to charity but I do plan on making another one but fine tuning the fullness first.
Highlight, Reflections and Goals
Visiting Linton Tweed and purchasing some of their gorgeous fabrics. This trip also let us spend some quality time with my Mother-In-Law who sadly passed away on Boxing Day, a sad time for us all.
I have noticed over the past 12 months that I am taking a lot more time with my sewing and that hand sewing is not so foreign any more.
Even though I do like to see how many garments I have made during the year (22) I am not going to try and achieve a greater number next year, purely for the reason above.
Now as far as Stash Busting went I was a complete failure this year, 34.95 metres out and an astonishing 51.25 metres in, there must have been a lot of my colours around this year!
So how did I go with last years goals:
1. Play with my coverstitch binders – Completed – I did play with my coverstich binders, both woven and knit
|Woven binder on my yellow top|
|Knit bind on the Sandra Top|
2. Sew 3/4 of my garments from my stash and fabric purchased will be less than what I sew – Failed.
3. Enter at least 1 competition – Completed – I entered two contests at Pattern Review, the New to Me Pattern Company Contest with my Coral Shirred Top and the Mini Wardrobe Competition with my Active Wear!
4. Spend at least 20 minutes a day in my sewing room – 75% of the time – I do manage to spend time in my sewing room however being active and training does impact on this but I have learnt that life balance is important.
- Pants – no need to say any more.
- Focus on my basics, I suddenly have no short sleeved tops for summer, I need to remedy this immediately.
- Enter at least 1 competition on either Stitcher’s Guild or Pattern Review.