Over at Pattern Review there has been a contest for New to Me Patterns for the month of December.
I’ve never used a Tessuti pattern before and this one appealed to me as a suitable top for both work and casual tops for my wardrobe.
I decided to make an XS and View A but first up in a toile only doing the following adjustments to the pattern:
– Front neckline gaposis of 1cm
– Back neckline gaposis of 1cm
– Sway back adjustment of 1.5cm
I took this to my ASG meeting to see if the girls could help me get a better fit as I found it unflattering on my figure.
|I don’t like the pregnant look.|
So I added the following adjustments:
– raised the shoulder by 1cm at the neck edge to 0.5cm at the shoulder.
– high round back of 1cm
– took out a dead dart vertically below the bust apex 1cm at the hem line to noting at the bust which removed some of the fullness.
Here are what the pattern pieces now look like:
I then found this fabric in my stash and had no idea where it came from or what it was. So I did a burn test and it appears to be a loosely woven polyester. One thing I do know is that it frayed like mad and I had to overlock the hems so that I would have something to turn under.
One thing I did notice was that the pattern is very well drafted all the pieces fit perfectly together and the way Tessuti has drafted the mitre corners on this top is very clever and the finished result is perfect.
and now for the finished top
I like the front better now but will wear it a few more times before I decide to make it up again in the gorgeous cotton voile I found in my stash.
I haven’t mentioned SWAP 2016 yet, and will soon, but this is my first top.
2015 Stash Out: 20.45 m
2015 Stash In: 18 m