Happy New Year!
I am a bit late to the party but once again Gillian from Crafting A Rainbow has again encouraged us all to have a look at what we have achieved in 2015 and where we would like to go in 2016.
It has been another quiet year for me for my sewing, I seem to be missing the time in my sewing room before work, part is due to exercise but that is not every morning.
These are the pieces that I have constantly worn, or are favourite makes that due to the weather has resulted in very little wear so far.
|Rose Hip Tights by Seamster Patterns|
|Jalie 2908 Jeans|
and this one I can’t wait for it to get cooler to wear
|Jalie 2320 cord jean jacket|
There is only one and that is due to more adjustments that need to be made to make it more comfortable to wear, the Diane Von Frustenberg wrap dress
Highlights, Reflections and Goals
There are a few highlights this year, all sewing related but that is what I love to do.
2. Being a joint winner for the Pattern Review Jeans Contest which are above as I just love my Jalie Jeans.
3. Having a fantastic week with my sewing buddies at the ASG Convention in Brisbane!
I have again this year taken my time to sew and after spending a week with Roberta Thompson at the ASG Convention in Brisbane this year, I know that I need to go back to some of Roberta’s notes from years ago. Going back to basic steps when I want to work on a new pattern long before you cut the fabric e.g. the DVF wrap dress for instance.
I am also addicted to fabric, thankfully not as bad as last year but still too much fabric came in 32.8 when only 25.55 went out. These figures are quite different to what was on this last sewing post as I have two items for hubby which I need to get photos of and then there are a number of new pieces in the stash that I haven’t shared, so it is time to come clean.
My goals for 2015 weren’t semi successful:
- Pants – well I am closer to what I want but not there yet.
- Sewing basics – short sleeve summer tops, well I have made two but they aren’t really work appropriate.
- Enter a Contest – two this year at Pattern Review, the jeans above and the Kate Top which I entered for the last contest of the year.
and for 2016,
- Yes pants again this year!
- Lingerie – I really want to make my own.
- I enjoy entering contests so lets see if my plans can be completed.
- Not sewing but knitting it is what I do when I can’t take my sewing machine so I want to learn Picking (Knitting) instead of Throwing and to have a garment knitted.