Even though I have made this skirt a number of times before, although not blogged about, I have been trying to get the skirt to sit at my waist with no luck, it keeps sitting on my hips which isn’t what I wanted.
Saran Wrap to my rescue! Even though I have Isabel (my body double) my hip shape has been elusive when fitting my skirts. So I placed the Right Front lower half of my Saran Wrap on my pattern and look at the difference, no wonder my skirts kept sliding down to my hips.
I pinned this amount out for this skirt to make sure I hadn’t gone too far, and it worked, my skirt sat on my waist all day long, so my pattern will be adjusted permanently by this amount.
Here is the finished skirt:
|See the Back Vent|
A few extra details for this skirt:
- Topstitched both sides of the front and back panels with Gutterman 310 Topstitch thread,
- Finished the back vents with Hong Kong finishes.
- Added black lace to the lining.
- Added 15mm bias tape to the hem edge (now the skirt is on my waist I need to add some length to the pattern).
- Fused a 4cm wide strip of Textureweft (pinked along the top edge) along the hem fold line to give the hem some body and a great base for doing Herringbone stitch for the hem.
This is my 5th garment for the SWAP and the 6th is giving me some challenges with the buttonhole, but soon …