I have a RTW trench that I purchased in Melbourne back in 1985 which has seen better days and I really like the style and want to copy some of its details for my new trench.
Looking through my Burda Style magazines there are a lot of trench coat patterns but the one that is closest to the RTW is this one from November 2008 – No. 123 which they have made up in wool.
and then I have the January 1975 Burda Magazine that I won which has another great trench coat pattern and this will come in handy as well for the details.
Back in February 2010 I purchased this wonderful dark brown Designer Raincoat Fabric from Gorgeous Fabrics and have been waiting for the time when I felt confident to use it,
and then of course the lovely lining material that I received with the 1975 Burda Magazine works perfectly with this fabric.
My plan for moving forward is to:
- Trace the pattern from the magazine.
- Make a toile to ensure all is right.
- Decide if I want it to be double breasted as my RTW isn’t?
- Decide on what zips I want to use and place my order with Zipperstop.
- Gather my bedtime reading from a number of Threads magazines to figure what else I need to do.
So is anyone else going to join the sew-along?